I sometimes struggle with trying to find good, engaging, active, and fun indoor activities for my kids that I know will burn off a lot of their built up energy.
Basically, I wanted to find a quick, easy, go-to activity that I know my kids will love each time I pull it out. So I began brainstorming. I know that if the topic is about something they love, then the battle will already be half won. Enter dinosaurs.
What I love about this activity?
- It is free
- It is engaging
- It teaches a little bit about dinosaurs
- It only requires a little bit of space
- And it burns off a TON of energy
- Paper plate
- Dinosaur stickers (optional)
- Use the ruler to help yourself draw lines to section off the parts of the plate. Decide how many sections you want. My sample has 8 sections.
- Write a movement in each section.
- If you have stickers, match them to the movement; this way your little one can use it on their own without needing to be able to read yet.
- Put the brad through the paperclip and through the center of the plate.
- Game time!
List of dinosaur movements:
- Chomp like a T-Rex
- Stomp like a stegosaurus
- Twist like a tricerotops
- Fly like a pteredactl
- Spin like a spinosaurus
- Shake your tail like an albertasaurus
- Stretch like an apatosaurus
- Show your claws like a therizinosauraus
- Run like a velocoraptor
- Swim like an elasomasaurus
Do any of you have any dinosaur movement suggestions? Comment below!